Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What am I Doing?

What am I doing? This is a question I have been asking myself a lot lately. I have moved to Bryant, Arkansas to help a church from Little Rock relocate and restart as a new congregation. New Building. New Name. New City.

Am I restarting an established church? Am I planting a new church with a core group in place? Is this merely a relocation? I dunno. But I like it.

I like it because all bets are off. There are church planting dynamics (about which I know a thing or two) and there are restart dynamics (about which I know next to nothing). I am working with and ministering to an established congregation (institutional) and I am engaging a new community (incarnational). It's hard, it's stressful, but it's fun. What do you think I'm doing?

Looking forward to sharing the journey.

No comments: